Effective communication in German and English
Helping non-native English and German speakers reach a wider audience
We are your partner for effective communication in German and English and are here to help you ensure that nothing will ever be lost in translation. Combining Swiss quality with British creativity, we provide solutions offering fluent, understandable content that is true to your message – regardless of whether we are transferring or writing the communication on your behalf or supplying training materials to help you improve your own communication skills.
- High-quality English and German translation, proofreading and editing services
- German/English transcreation and copywriting services
- Communication skills courses for non-native English speakers
- Online German courses to complement your face-to-face training
From a language school to a translation and copywriting company
Matterhorn Languages started life in 2002 as a language school for corporate clients. Stemming from her own interests in the field, company founder Susanne Lewis built a customer base of companies working within the automotive industry and the technical sector.
The continuous professional development of its employees has always been of great importance to Matterhorn Languages. Initially the focus was on teaching and assessor qualifications, and over time this has shifted to translation and copywriting qualifications. After all, the team also wanted to be able to cater to the occasional translation and later also copywriting requests from private individuals as well as companies – and provide them with the level of quality they have come to expect from Matterhorn.
Quality to meet the highest demands
Our guiding principle is effective communication. With our customers, with our colleagues and, of course, in the translations and texts we provide.
And we never compromise on quality. This is why we do not outsource to freelancers or third-party companies – all of the members of the Matterhorn Languages team work in-house. This allows them to benefit from each other’s expertise and discuss any issues immediately should they arise. The same level of seamless collaboration applies when working with our office in Australia. This is down to the fact that our colleague there worked with us here in England for 10 years before moving down under.
- We always start with the end in mind – meaning we consider what you want to achieve, the message, the audience, and what you want them to take away
- We ensure that the message is never lost in translation – we have native speakers of both languages to work on your project, producing great texts that are engaging and gain your customers’ trust and respect
- Our courses follow a methodology that delivers long-lasting results – i.e. they feature exercises that encourage problem solving, they follow a spiral-curriculum structure to reinforce previous learning, and retrieval practice is organised at intervals applying different methods